14th Pangborn Sensory Science Symposium
‘Sustainable Sensory Science’
August 8-12, 2021 | Vancouver, Canada
The 14th Pangborn Sensory Science Symposium will be held at the award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre, in one of the most beautiful settings in the world. Vancouver is served by North America’s second largest west coast airport with international flights arriving from 30 countries every day.
In keeping with the traditions of this Symposium from the inaugural meeting in 1992 to honour the memory of Rose Marie Pangborn, the 14th Symposium will showcase the research of fundamental and applied sensory and consumer scientists from a cross section of early and advanced career participants representing industry and academia.
The theme for the 14th Symposium ‘Sustainable Sensory Science’ acknowledges both the venue for this symposium and the challenges that impact our current research approaches such as food security, globalization, corporate cost cutting, fast-adapt product development, the expansion of data collection, cultural diversity and maintaining the relevance of our discipline to name a few.
Topics to be covered
- Sustainable Solutions
- New and Emerging Sensory and Consumer Methods
- Fundamentals: Biology and Psychophysics
- Sensometrics & Data Science
- Food Choice & Consumer Behaviour
- Sensory Testing with Special Interest Groups
- Sensory Relationships with Health & Wellbeing
- Beyond Food – Sensory Learning from Other Categories
- Sensory Marketing
- Emerging Markets and Cross Cultural Sensory Research
- Sensory Driven Product Design
- Honouring the Giants of Sensory Science
The organizers look forward to welcoming you to Vancouver for the opportunity to share our collective research thoughts and experiences in this beautiful setting.