14th Pangborn Sensory Science Symposium
‘Sustainable Sensory Science’
Online: Live and On-demand | August 9-12, 2021 CT
Join us online for Pangborn 2021
Pangborn 2021 will now be held as a global online conference with live streamed talks and posters, August 9-12, 2021, and on-demand access for six months after the event – from 24 hours after presentation.
In accord with the ideals of the world’s leading sensory science event our lower fees, online delivery and post-event on-demand access will make the event more accessible to all and aligns with our 2021 theme of sustainability.
Abstract submission is open for workshops, talks and posters
Submit by April 15, 2021
In keeping with the traditions of this Symposium from the inaugural meeting in 1992 to honour the memory of Rose Marie Pangborn, the 14th Symposium will showcase the research of fundamental and applied sensory and consumer scientists from a cross section of early and advanced career participants representing industry and academia.
Present your research in an interactive online conference experience direct from your desktop or mobile device: live-stream your presentation, include video poster pitches, and take part in discussion through live Q&A.
The theme for the 14th Symposium ‘Sustainable Sensory Science’ acknowledges the challenges that impact our current research approaches such as food security, globalization, corporate cost cutting, fast-adapt product development, the expansion of data collection, cultural diversity and maintaining the relevance of our discipline to name a few.
Topics to be covered
- Sustainable Solutions
- New and Emerging Sensory and Consumer Methods
- Fundamentals: Biology and Psychophysics
- Sensometrics & Data Science
- Food Choice & Consumer Behaviour
- Sensory Testing with Special Interest Groups
- Sensory Relationships with Health & Wellbeing
- Beyond Food – Sensory Learning from Other Categories
- Sensory Marketing
- Emerging Markets and Cross Cultural Sensory Research
- Sensory Driven Product Design
- Honouring the Giants of Sensory Science
What to expect from Pangborn 2021: Online
Participate live from your desktop or mobile device to:
Deepen your knowledge: Live-stream a personalised schedule from the entire program to match your research interests.
Engage with our inspirational speakers and other attendees during the live-streamed sessions: Ask questions and participate in live chat and polls.
Review the latest research in the ePoster hall and discuss directly with the author.
- Network with your peers, meet new contacts and renew relationships: Connect with other attendees during the live event to chat and arrange one-to-one meetings.
- Visit the live exhibition booths to meet industry partners, chat with exhibitors and learn more about their products.
- Enjoy more flexibility with on-demand access to recorded sessions for 6 months from 24 hours after presentation. Watch one stream live and catch-up on what you missed after the event.