13th Pangborn Sensory Science Symposium
‘Engage with the Future’
28 July - 1 August 2019 | Edinburgh International Convention Centre, Edinburgh, UK
We’ve got the future of sensory and consumer science covered at this year’s Pangborn Symposium.
Presented by the best in the industry, we’ve some super-exciting plenary talks that you do not want to miss plus more than 100 other thought-provoking talks on how sensory and consumer science can adapt and contribute to our fast-evolving world.
If you are looking for inspiration, the latest trends and new science then you need to be there: Book your place now – With more than 1100 delegates, we are very close to selling out so please book now to avoid disappointment.
This Sensory & Consumer Science Symposium is themed ‘Engage with the Future’ and is an opportunity for you to share, learn, be inspired, connect and participate in how our science will evolve in the future. Our society as a whole faces increasingly rapid change and is met with growing global challenges, so this Symposium looks to explore how sensory and consumer science can adapt and contribute to our fast evolving world.
The 13th Pangborn Sensory Science Symposium will bring together leading pioneers and emerging experts in sensory and consumer science, from industry and academia, to give their views and perspectives on how our science will evolve, and how ground-breaking ongoing research and scientific learnings will impact on this journey. Importantly, we will embrace and showcase the future of our discipline with the inclusion of a new ‘Early Career Researcher’ seminar to specifically give a voice to our emerging talent to present and share their ideas on a global platform, something we feel Rose Marie Pangborn would most heartily approve of. This new event, open to all, will be held on the Sunday morning prior to the official opening of the 13th Pangborn Symposium, giving us the opportunity to reflect on how we will connect and engage with our new talent and our new research in the future challenges we face. We look forward to meeting you in Edinburgh for a memorable experience that we believe will be an important milestone for sensory and consumer research in the years to come.
- Sensory and consumer science through the lifespan (children, young, elderly)
- Lifestyle and wellbeing
- Cross cultural issues
- Fundamentals of perception
- Emerging sensory and consumer science methodologies
- Digital opportunities and big data
- Next generation retail
- Global resource challenges
As with previous events in the series a large exhibition will take place alongside the conference. View commercial opportunities here.
- Mikel Cirkus, Firmenich, USA
- Grace Douglas, NASA, USA
- Nathalie Martin, Nestle, Switzerland
- Gaston Ares, Universidad de la República, Uruguay
- Trevor Davis, Trevor Davis & Associates Ltd, UK
- Ludovic Depoortere, Haystack, Belgium
- Betina Piqueras Fiszman, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
- Claire Murphy, San Diego State University, USA
- Nimesha Ranasinghe, University of Maine, USA
- Maria Veldhuizen, Yale University, USA
- Maduran Wikneshwaran, Dyson, UK